State School Internship Programme
Do you have students at your school in need of work experience? Young people who may be interested in a career in communications and want to know what it’s all about?
Energy PR runs a State School Internship Programme for young people.
The programme is specifically designed to give young people from state schools (aged 16+) a ‘real world’ taste of what a career in PR is like.
Louise Findlay-Wilson, Energy PR MD, explains the thinking behind it:
“PR is notoriously difficult to get into. You often need to show relevant work experience to get that all-important first job. But such opportunities are thin on the ground, and typically unpaid. This leaves them confined to young people who can afford to work for nothing or have well connected parents.
“As a result, lots of really promising young talent never gets a chance to enter the world of PR. We’re determined to help remedy that.”
• The Programme is available to 5 young people aged 16-19
• Each student gets one or two weeks of valuable, paid, work experience
• The pay is equivalent (pro rata) to £18,000 per annum
• The programme runs throughout school holidays (Summer, Easter and half term holidays)
• It is based at Energy’s offices, near Northleach GL54 5AP – note these offices are not on any public transport routes
• The young people on the programme will gain a real insight into what working in PR and communications is like
• They will be given real tasks to do, and gain transferable experience and skills, all while working with a leading communications agency
• They will have useful skills, experience and a recognised agency name to put on their CV
• We will also provide the students with advice on how to progress in communications, if they feel it’s a career for them
• The young people must currently attend or have previously attended a state school
• They must be aged 16 – 19
• Communications involve a large amount of writing, so good written English is required, and an enjoyment of writing is recommended
If you would like to find out more about this programme for students in your school please email: Susannah@energypr.co.uk