Van Walt has 40 years’ experience sourcing, installing, supplying, renting and repairing environmental monitoring equipment worldwide. They wanted to build their social media presence, establishing a clear identity and demonstrating their expertise as a leading business in the environmental research sector. Before we kicked off, Van Walt had two key goals – build a closer relationship with their existing customers and reach new, relevant people.
How We Helped
We started with a detailed audience analysis – determining exactly who Van Walt wanted to reach, how they used social media, what topics they were interested in and where Van Walt could connect meaningfully with them. We then analysed Van Walt’s current social media footprint, auditing the strategy, tactics and performance of both them and their competitors.
Using these key insights, we developed an integrated, audience-first social media strategy:
- Key objectives and guiding principles
- Tailored approach for each social media platform
- Content strategy including content pillars and editorial framework
- Paid social recommendations
- One month’s social media content
- Multi-platform calendar template
- Branded, editable graphic templates
- Social media training for Van Walt employees
Over the next month, we worked with Van Walt’s marketing team to implement the new content strategy. This was followed by an in-depth social media training session for the staff at Van Walt, providing employees with the knowledge and confidence to deliver the strategy moving forward.