The trade show, Packaging Innovations London, wanted to boost its engagement with designers’ and encourage them to attend.
This audience is tricky to reach, and at the point, while some were packaging specialists, the wider design community didn’t view packaging as a particularly interesting area. So we needed a tactic which would fire their imaginations and work across both the media and social channels. As an additional consideration, whatever we did also needed to be very visual if it was to work with this target audience
How We Helped
We created a packaging facts campaign. To get the designers involved from the get-go, we did direct outreach among them and the wider packaging community to crowd source the most incredible packaging factoids. These needed to be incredible packaging ‘did you knows’ which would create ‘water cooler moments’ and get designers engaged, talking and sharing.
We gathered 16 such amazing facts, for instance:
- The thinnest part of a drinks can is thinner than a human hair – measuring just 0.07mm
- 94% of the world’s population recognises Coca Cola’s packaging
- Wine bottles are 750ml in size, because it’s the average capacity of a glass-blower’s lungs
- The human eye can distinguish more shades of green than any other colour
- Each Christmas 83 km2 of wrapping paper ends up our bins, which is enough to cover Guernsey
To bring them to life, we packaged up these nuggets into a strong picture-led story, creating incredible bespoke imagery to cleverly convey the facts and capture the attention of this very visual audience.
The facts were then launched to the media and across social channels.